Sweet Potato, Quinoa and Herb Fritters
Superfood fritters fit for the family pack lunch boxes, or for any other meal of the day. A blend of quinoa, sweet potato and herbs make these fritters a wholesome delight. These fritters are also great for batch cooking as they are so versatile. They are ideal for a packed lunch, with roasted veggies or a salad. PLUS, they ar high in protein and so delicious.
If you love these fritters, you should try this no-waste cauliflower and broccoli fritters recipe.
Prep Time14 minutes
Cooking Time29 minutes
- 500ml (2 cups) cooked orange sweet potato
- 250ml (1 cup) cooked quinoa
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- Handful of robust herbs such as organum or thyme, picked and chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the sweet potato in a large mixing bowl and mash fine with a fork, add the quinoa, egg, flour and herbs. Mix until well combined and season to taste.
- Tip - Please keep in mind the moisture content of your cooked sweet potato will have an effect on the moisture content of the mixture – in some cases you will need to add more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the mixture, form the mixture into small patty shapes.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with a dash of oil. Fry all the fritters in batches for about 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. (Alternatively, bake them in the oven).
If you make a big batch, you can freeze the fritters. Place uncooked patties in the freezer in an airtight container, with baking paper between them. Take them out the freezer when you want to cook them and cook them in the oven.