Tropical Mango Tartlets
These tartlets are the perfect dessert to serve over this festive season. They have a light, luscious texture, with a delicious tropical flavour of mango and coconut. The ideal treat for these hot summer days.
For the Base:
- 1 1/2 cups tennis biscuits, crushed
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
For the Filling:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup mango, blitzed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
For the Base:
- Preheat oven to 180℃.
- Mix the crushed biscuits and melted butter together in a bowl, until the ingredients are well incorporated
- Press the mixture into 10cm tartlet tins, making sure to cover the sides as well
- Place the tins into a preheated 180℃ oven for 10-12 mins
- Remove them from the oven and allow to cool
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a moderate heat Whisk in the flour, combine well.
- Stir in the coconut milk, mango purée and sugar. Keep stirring over a moderate heat, till the contents thicken. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a bowl and once the mango and coconut milk mixture has cooled a little, stir the egg yolks into this, making sure it is well combined.
- Pour this mixture into the pre-prepared tartlet bases, then bake in a preheated, 190 C oven, for about 10 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate the tartlets for a couple of hours before serving.
- Decorate, with slices of fresh mango and serve with some whipped cream.