Veggie and Egg Tray Bake
This easy, one-dish Vegetarian traybake could be a breakfast or wholesome weeknight dinner. It has all you need in a meal, vegetables, proteins, and healthy fats. Simply roast your favourite vegetables, and then add a few eggs and bake until the eggs are cooked as you like them. We recommend soft or medium, when you crack into the yolk it will be a delicious sauce for the veggies.
This is also a great way to use up leftover veggies, just pop them back on a tray, add the eggs, and bake.
- Gluten Free
- Low Carb
- Low Fat
- South African
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time45 minutes
- 5 large potatoes, washed
- 300 g carrots, peeled
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small butternut, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small bunch of radishes, halved
- 100 g spinach
- 6-8 large eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Micro herbs, to garnish
- Edible flowers, to garnish
- Lemon, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the potatoes and carrots into large chunks and place in a deep baking tray along with the red onion wedges, butternut wedges, radishes and spinach. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, crack the eggs into the tray and bake for another 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Garnish with micro leaves and edible flowers and serve with lemon on the side.