Watermelon Berry Smoothie
A smoothie punch to serve at your brunch this Summer with the season’s finest; watermelon & fresh berries! Blend this up and serve it in a watermelon bowl.
- South African
Prep Time30 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 1 watermelon
- 500g plain double thick yoghurt or 2 Tins Coconut Cream
- 250g frozen blueberries
- 200g strawberries
- Edible flowers, to garnish
- Place the watermelon down on your work surface (like a rugby ball). Cut the watermelon in half.
- Reserve the one half for slicing and enjoying on the beach or next to the pool.
- Turn the other half around on its root side with the cut part facing up. Using a spoon remove the watermelon flesh so that you have a hollow watermelon shell.
- Blend together the reserved watermelon, yoghurt, blueberries and strawberries with some ice.
- Pour the smoothie into your carved watermelon and if there is extra, pour that into a serving jug or glasses.
- It all depends on the size of the watermelon.
- Serve with extra ice and garnish with edible flowers.
For a Vegan option – use a dairy-free milk alternative (ie: Coconut or Almond Milk) with some chia seeds to get the thickness.