Thanks to SoaringFreeSuperfoods you can learn more about these amazing super foods, how to use them and what they are!
Spirulina is a cultivated blue-green algae that occurs in the alkaline volcanic lakes of Africa and Mexico. Spirulina contains an amazing combination of protein, vitamins, minerals, EFAs, Phytonutrients, RNA, DNA and antioxidants. It can help control blood sugar levels and cravings making it a great food for Diabetics.
- Protein Power – 60-75% protein by weight, making it better than meat! It’s digestibility means it requires less energy to absorb and repairs tissues more easily.
- Boosting Immune Function – stimulates the stem cell production from bone marrow
- Energy Boosting – Rich source of Vitamin B
- Cleansing – Chlorophyll is the ‘green stuff’ which helps cleanse and detox the body
- Stress Relief and Anti-depressant – due to it’s high protein levels and rich array of amino acids create serotonin in the brain and help with a decreasing stress and having a positive attitude.
- Blood Building – It provides large amounts of Calcium and Iron
- Longevity – it contains a powerful combination of antioxidants and beta caroten.
- Weight Loss – a natural appetite suppressant and help overcome sugar cravings.
- GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid) Super Oil – a rare oil that helps reduce inflammation, reduce allergies and foster hormonal and mental development.
How to Use it?
Spirulina might be easier to take as a tablet due to its unique, strong, salty taste however it can be mixed into juices and smoothies. Try starting with ½ a teaspoon and then build it up to 1-2 teaspoons daily. The recommended minimum dose is 3g.
Super Foods Creamy Mint Spirulina Smoothie
It’s sometimes hard to hide that strong Spirulina taste in your smoothies, but the hemp, buchu and mint add a creamy, refreshing touch to this smoothie.
Ingredients: (Makes 750ml)
- 250ml water
- 2 frozen Bananas
- ½ Pineapple OR 2 Mangoes
- 2 Granadillas
- ¼ Cup Hemp Seeds
- 1/8 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1 TBs Spirulina
- 1 tsp. Buchu powder
- 1 handful fresh mint
- 2 Tsp. Hemp Oil (optional)
Blend it all up and enjoy!