We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Location: Inland Division (Gauteng, Limpopo, North West, Free State)
To provide our customers with a world-class shopping experience which makes them feel special by delivering exceptional store standards, managing an efficient store, ensuring colleagues feel proud, valued and part of the Food Lover’s Market family.
ACCOUNTABILITY (how we deliver our scorecard measures)
- Ensure store operation is Legal & Safe everyday
- Ensure all customers receive great service that keeps them returning to the store
- Ensure we remain competitive on price
- Ensure we work hard to keep our colleagues happy and motivated, investing in them and involving them in our plans, so our colleagues continue to deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure the store achieves weekly sales budget
- Grow the customer count – increase on previous year
- Grow the store basket size – increase on previous year
- Deliver our Brand Promise every day ensuring great value and availability for our customers
- Manage salaries so they are in line with budget
- Manage the operation so waste is reduced in line with budget
- Manage the operation so shrink is maintained below budget
- Store achieves a Net GP that is equal to or above budget
- Manage schedules so the store is sufficiently covered to serve our customers
- Ensure all colleagues receive an induction and training to competently perform their duties
- Ensure succession and recruitment is planned for future needs
- Manage and develop the talent within the store
- Hold weekly meeting with your leadership team
- Ensure communication channels are open so all levels of your team are informed
- Adhere to all legislation and FLM policies and procedures regarding Occupational Health & Safety and Food Safety.
- Ensure a safe and hygienic environment at all times
- Ensure stock levels are maintained, layouts and promotions are executed correctly to deadline
- Ensure Safe & Legal compliance, Lean Project and Scorecard improvement plan is completed according to relevant deadlines
- Manage personal development
- Demonstrate personal leadership
- Demonstrate and role model the FLM company values everyday
- Demonstrate self-discipline with regards to attendance, dress code policy, hygiene and time-keeping.
- Engage with the local community to build the FLM brand
- Attend and participate in Regional meetings, supporting the growth of the FLM brand
| BEHAVIOURAL DESCRIPTION
|Anticipates and responds to customers’ needs fast and effectively.
Resolves problems effectively before they escalate.
|Communication||Confidently addresses groups of people.
Writes memos, letters, emails and briefs according to professional standards and organisational procedures.
|Planning and Organising||Monitors performance of team members.
Manages multiple tasks, prioritises and delegates where necessary. Sets contingency plans to avoid potential problems.
|Maintain high quality standards by living our values.
Provide quality service to all customers.
Maintain high professional standards within store.
|Stress Tolerance||Remains calm under pressure.
Manages own emotions and responses.
Works effectively under pressure and finds creative ways of coping.
|Sets high ethical standards and leads by example. Plays a key role in shaping the FLM ethics and values by defining, communicating and consistently exemplifying them.||Advance|
|Analytical Thinking||Collates, integrates and analyses all information and reduces it to manageable components.
Come up with logical and objective conclusions from the data and can validate them as the root of the problem. Identify different solutions to a problem identified from different reports/situations.
|Decision Making||Evaluates the options available and their impacts and benefits/risks.
Uses judgement to decide on the people to include when making decisions.
Ensures that the decision is actioned and commits within an appropriate timeframe.
|BEHAVIOURAL DESCRIPTION||PROFICIENCY LEVEL|
|Policy and procedure||Adhere to company standards and operational policy.
Ensure consistent application thereof.
- Grade 12
- Retail Management diploma would be advantageous
- At least 5 – 6 years working experience as a Store Manager in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Retail Environment
- Available and flexible to work different shifts across trading and none trading hours
- Passion for food
- Knowledge of fruit & veg
- Attention to detail
- Numeric skills & a general understanding of basic financial management
- Have proven problem solving skills
- Requires minimal supervision
- Have strong communication skills
- Be able to deliver according to strict deadlines
- Computer literate
Send CV’s to: email@example.com
Applications close on 30 September 2018
Note: If you have not heard from us with regards to your application, it has unfortunately been unsuccessful.