We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Location: Port Elizabeth
This position will be based at our Food Lovers Figtree in Port Elizabeth. Report directly to the Store Manager.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sushi Chef will be held accountable for preparation of all food components for the Sushi Department. The Sushi Chef needs to check the quality and variety of ingredients on a daily basis. Will need to compile a variety of sushi types and display them on the conveyor belt or in pre-packs for customer convenience.
- Grade 12 and relevant diploma
- 3- 5 years working in a restaurant environment
- Sushi preparation
- Recipes interpretation
- The sushi chef will need to possess good levels of organizational skills and able to fill various kitchen positions.
- Knowledgeable in Asian and/or Japanese cuisine. Will need to be experienced in traditional sushi preparation and various forms (rolls, temaki, nigiri, sashimi, futomaki, etc), including choice of ingredients, design, and presentation.
- Responsible for sushi station hygiene and sanitation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers and fellow employees.
- Creativity – Responsible for creating new dishes, assisting with menu creation
- Must be willing to work Retail Hours, i.e.: Saturdays/Sundays/Public Holidays/ Overtime/Shifts
- Own transport
- 6-Day Workweek
Please email your updated CV in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org