Food Lover’s Market has announced the top 10 candidates of the 2022 Seeds of Change Supplier Development Programme. Seeds of Change aims to provide a way for social enterprises to compete in a market that would otherwise be unobtainable. In turn, by partnering with these businesses, Food Lover’s Market has the opportunity to partner with enterprises that make a critical social impact in communities across South Africa.
Although the retailer received hundreds of applications, the top ten candidates were determined after a rigorous selection process and a two-day webinar with the shortlisted 20 applicants.
The top 10 candidates are attending a boot camp from 9 – 12 May 2022, whereafter they will have an opportunity to pitch their business to Food Lover’s Market senior executives during the Fertile Ground pitching session on 13 May 2022.
The top 10 finalists, in no particular order, are:
- Home Bao, represented by Tina (Tzu-Ting) Long (Frozen Foods)
- Hazile Agriculture, represented by Phindile Msomi (Condiments and Spices)
- A Greater You Holdings, represented by Siviwe Njozela (Fruits & Vegetables)
- Kofi Kulcha, represented by Thabiso Mnguni (Instant Coffee)
- Setsong Tea Crafters, represented by Retang Phaahla (Health Foods / Beauty)
- Integrated Aquaculture, represented by Lance Quiding (Fruits & Vegetables)
- Kaapschön Boerdery, represented by Chanté Hendricks (Fruit & Vegetables)
- Farmer’s Digital Market, represented by Mvula Zwane (Fruit & Vegetables)
- RM Catering Services, represented by Mosibudi Makgato (Non-Alcoholic Beverage)
- Little Foodease Pty Ltd, represented by Louisa Gibbons (Frozen Foods)
The top 10 candidates hail from Gauteng, Western Cape and KwaZulu-Natal. Given the calibre of applications and the exceptional 20 semi-finalists, this recognition is already a fantastic achievement and worth noting as ‘up and coming’ businesses to watch.
Says Travis Coppin, “We are honoured to see the social impact these businesses make in the communities they serve. It speaks directly to the core values of Food Lover’s Market, and their dedication to social impact, quality and innovation are critical to achieving a more sustainable economy.”