Ginger and Cherry Ice Cream Bombe
What could be simpler than an ice cream bombe? Basically molded ice cream, toppings already mixed inside and molded to make a beautiful first impression on your Christmas table. Another bonus, make this a day or two before, and buy yourself some time for cooking the main meals – winning! Perfect for hot summer South African Christmas.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time6 hours
- 2 litres Vanilla ice cream
- 1x 200g packet ginger nut biscuits
- 300g cherries, pitted and halved
- 3x packets Nestlé KitKat Santas
- 3x Christmas tree-shaped candies
- 6x fresh rosemary sprigs, for garnish a handful of fresh cherries for garnish 50g desiccated coconut for dusting
- Line a large glass bowl with cling wrap, and set it aside.
- Place the ice cream into a large mixing bowl and crush the Gingernut biscuits, add the crushed biscuits and cherries to the mixture and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the lined glass bowl and freeze for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Unmold the ice cream cake onto a cake stand, decorate with Santa KitKats.
- Top with candies, fresh rosemary to resemble trees and scatter over some fresh cherries. Lastly, add the glass over the candy tree to create a snowglobe effect and sprinkle over desiccated coconut.