Avocado & Chocolate Hummus with Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas
Avocado + Chickpea + Chocolate…would you put them all together? The SAAGA have done so, and it’s a must-try, topped with crispy roasted cinnamon chickpeas. The best of both Worlds, you can’t go wrong. Thanks to I Love Avos for this delicious recipe.
Prep Time5 minutes
Cooking Time10 minutes
For the Hummus:
- 2 avocados
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 cup dates, stoned and soaked in warm water
- 4 tbsp. cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- Pinch pink Himalayan salt
- ¾ cup / 180ml water
For the Roasted Chickpeas
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Drain the dates. Place all the ingredients except the water in a food processor and whizz to combine.
- Add water as necessary to create a smooth consistency.
- To make the roasted chickpeas, toss the chickpeas with cinnamon and salt and place on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and crunchy.
- Serve with fruit, shortbread biscuits or plain crackers.