Berry Yoghurt Tart
Is a berry yoghurt smoothie your breakfast go-to? This tart combines frozen berries & yoghurt in a different way to enjoy as a breakfast or a nutritious tea time treat!
- South African
Prep Time30 minutes
Cooking Time4 hours
- 1 pack of coconut tea biscuits (*or oats)
- 25g melted butter
- Zest of 1 lemon
For the FiIlling;
- 14g gelatine
- 30ml lukewarm water
- 1kg Clover Classic Smooth Strawberry Yoghurt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) honey
For the topping:
- 80ml (1/3 cup) whipping cream
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) icing sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Clover Classic Smooth Plain Yoghurt
- 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- Mixed frozen berries, of your choice
For the Crust
- Blitz biscuits until fine in a food processor or crush with a rolling pin in a ziplock bag.
- Add melted butter and mix well – the mixture must look like wet sea sand.
- Line a 30cm scalloped tart case with the biscuit mix, making sure you apply pressure to ensure a steady crust.
- Sponge gelatine by mixing the gelatine and water – set aside until needed.
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl.
- Take a third of the yoghurt and heat it in a pot with the honey.
- Melt gelatine and mix with the heated yogurt.
- Strain over the rest of your yoghurt and lightly stir with a spatula until fully incorporated.
- Pour into lined tart case and allow to set for at least 4 hours or overnight in fridge.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks, add the icing sugar and whip to stiff peaks. Fold in the yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- To assemble the tart, remove from the tart case, and garnish with the whipped yoghurt topping and frozen berries, to taste.
For the filling:
For the topping:
*For the crust, Replace biscuits with crushed cereal or oats to enjoy it as a fun ‘fruit and yoghurt’ breakfast.