What’s in your fridge right now? Don’t throw away those veggie offcuts, leftovers, or that almost stale bread!🥚🍞 Is anyone else feeling month-end? Just in time for a waste-free ‘breakfast’ casserole! A mix of leftover veg, paired with eggs and bread – this breakfast bake is a go-to, for breakfast or dinner that is!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 500ml (1-2 cups) mixed vegetable off cuts
- 250ml (1 cup) leftover meat chopped (*optional)
- 3-4 slices stale bread, crumbled (or fresh bread)
- 6 large eggs
- 375ml (1 ½ cups) milk
- Fresh herbs of your choice, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spray a 20 cm x 25 cm oven proof dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the onion, garlic, veggie offcuts, leftover meat (*optional) and bread in the prepared baking dish.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs and milk together, add the herbs and season to taste.
- Pour the milk mixture over the veggie mix and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until cooked and golden brown on top.