Chicken Noodle Soup
Nothing says Winter like a hearty bowl of soup! This chicken noodle soup is simple, packed with flavour and a perfect winter soup for the soul. This recipe uses a whole chicken, simmering a whole chicken with root vegetables and herbs creates a delicious homemade bone broth, which is the ‘stock’ for the soup. The chicken meat is shredded and added into the soup. This soup is well worth it!
If you want a low-carb option, leave out the noodles! Or if you prefer pasta, substitute the noodles for pasta.
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time1 hour 15 minutes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, cut into small cubes
- 2 celery stalks, cut into small cubes
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
- 1 Food Lover’s whole chicken
- 750ml (3 cups) chicken stock
- 800ml (2 cans) Food Lover’s coconut milk
- 2 sweetcorn’s, cut off the cob
- 150g Food Lover’s egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, sauté the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery in the olive oil until golden brown.
- Place the whole chicken in the pot and cover with the chicken stock and coconut milk. Simmer for about 1 hour or until the chicken is cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and discard of the skin and bones.
- Shred the rest and place it back in the pot with the sweetcorn and noodles. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the noodles have cooked. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.