Spiced Strawberry Jam
Inspired by the spices and flavours of African cuisine, our recipe developer tried out a homemade strawberry jam with some extra spices…it was successfull of course! Try this delicious jam recipe, enjoy with a piece of sourdough, scrumptious cornbread, or even these delicious African-inspired dumplings.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
- Homemade Products
- Sauces & Dips
Prep Time5 minutes
Cooking Time45 minutes
- 900g strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 310ml (1 1/4 cups) sugar
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) lemon juice
- 10ml (2 tsp) cinnamon, ground
- 10ml (2 tsp) ginger, ground
- 5ml (1 tsp) chilli flakes
- Pinch of saffron
- Black pepper, to taste
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and spices in a medium pot over a low heat and stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Stir frequently, mashing the strawberries as you stir.
- Continue boiling for about 30-45 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool and enjoy. Store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge.