Strawberry Chia Jam
A healthier alternative to conventional jam, try am easy 3-ingredient Chia Seed Strawberry Jam. It’s made with just 3 natural ingredients plus it’s super simple! Chia seeds give the jam that gelatinous texture, as well as add fibre, protein and healthy omega-3 fats.
Enjoy the jam on toast, with crackers over yoghurt or your favourite smoothie bowl.
- Homemade Products
Prep Time10 minutes
Cooking Time30 minutes
- 400g Strawberries
- 3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Honey or Sugar alternative
- A Jar (*old jam or honey jar)
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the strawberries.
- As the strawberries start to heat up, and soften, stir in the honey/sugar alternative in their juices
- Once the strawberries have softened enough, mash them with a potato masher or fork, and allow them to come to a slow boil
- Once they have reached a slow bowl, add the chia seeds
- Continute stirring over low heat for about 15 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- If you enjoy the jam with chunkier bits, then pour it into a jar and cover it tightly with. alid. OR, blend up the jam for a smoother texture and add to a jar and seal it tightly.
- Allow the jam. tocool, and then place it in the fridge,
While the jam is still hot it may seem more fluid than you would expect. The chia seeds need a bit of time to do their work, so let the jam cool to room temperature in the jar and then put your jar of jam in the fridge for a few hours and it will achieve the perfect texture.
It keeps for a couple of weeks in the fridge but beware: since it doesn’t contain any preservatives and hasn’t undergone the proper canning process it must be kept refrigerated.