Summer ‘Nice’ Cream
Look no further than a Summer ‘nice’ cream as your go-to sweet treat! It’s so simple; you can experiment with flavours you love. Try this Mango nice cream!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cooking Time4 hours
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 3-4 cups)
- 250 ml (1 cup) YouFirst Organic coconut milk/cream
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 10 ml (2 tsp) lime/lemon juice
- *Optional: 60 ml (1/4 cup) honey/maple syrup/agave syrup
- Extra mango slices, to serve
- Place the mango cubes in a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Add the coconut milk/cream, honey (if using), vanilla extract and lime juice and process until well combined for about 1-2 minutes to aerate the mixture resulting in a light and more creamy ice cream texture.
- Place the mixture into a large tray with a volume of 750 ml, cover with cling film and freeze for about an hour.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and mix the half-frozen ice cream with a fork or whisk to break up any large ice crystals leaving you with a smoother consistency.
- Cover with cling film and freeze for another 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Before serving top your nice cream with fresh mango and your favourite toppings. Enjoy!
*Replace the mango with another one of your favourite fruits.
Other flavours we love:
-Plain Vanilla & roasted Macademia
-Chocolate with Oh Mega Almond Butter
-Coconut & Cashew
-Strawberry & Lime