Superfood Quinoa Bread (Gluten-Free)
Quinoa really is a superfood. As a grain, it is naturally gluten-free and it contains all 8 amino acids, making it a complete protein. If you’re new to cooking gluten-free bread, don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t rise. This recipe is super quick and easy, as long as you remember to soak the quinoa and seeds.
Prep Time300 minutes
Cooking Time70 minutes
- 2 cups quinoa
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp raw honey or maple syrup
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the uncooked quinoa and chia seeds overnight. Measure out the quinoa and chia seeds and place in two separate bowls.
- Cover the chia seeds with 1 cup of water, and the quinoa with enough water cover well. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees-Celsius.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees-Celsius.
- Drain the quinoa.
- In a blender, add half the quinoa, chia seeds, baking soda, raw honey/maple syrup, olive oil and lemon juice. Blend until the mixture is almost smooth, then stir in the other half of the quinoa.
- Pour the mixture into a bread tin lined with parchment paper scatter the top with your mixed seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 70 minutes, or until you can stick a knife in and it comes out clean.
This bread is best either toasted, or sliced and baked in the oven.
Credit to Naturally Sassy for this great superfood recipe!
For more great recipes, visit: http://naturallysassy.co.uk/recipes/superfood-gluten-free-qunioa-bread/