Vegan Alfredo Pasta
Have you ever met a person who didn’t like alfredo pasta? This one is more irresistible with cashew nuts, and herbs! Plus, it’s dairy-free…yes, a dairy-free Alfredo sauce! We created this recipe to celebrate #WorldPlantMilkDay, and it’s a winner. The best vegan Alfredo sauce is made rich and creamy with cashew nuts, Almond Breeze Almond Milk, Tahini and some secret veggies! The nutritional yeast gives this pasta that cheesy flavour.
This recipe is perfectly indulgent, any day of the week. The sauce is tossed through an al dente linguine
- Dairy Free
Prep Time20 minutes
Cooking Time45 minutes
- 250ml (1 cup) cashew nuts
- 500ml (2 cups) almond milk
- 250g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 3-4 large baby marrows
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) olive oil
- 500g Linguine pasta (vegan-friendly)
- 75ml (5 Tbsp) nutritional yeast
- 45ml (3 Tbsp) tahini paste
- Handful of Italian parsley
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 250g baby tomatoes, halved
- Soak the cashew nuts in a bowl with boiling water for 15 minutes.
- On a baking tray, drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, baby marrows, onion and garlic and roast for about 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and the veg is browned.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, cook the pasta according to the packaging.
- Once the cauliflower is ready, put it in a blender and blend with the almond milk, nutritional yeast, tahini paste, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, squeeze lemon juice over the pasta and mix. Garnish with baby tomatoes, extra cashews and nutritional yeast.