Wagyu Burgers with a Mediterranean Flair
Melt in your mouth, more-rish is the best way to describe our Wagyu Burger Patties. We’ve made a magical pairing with mediterranean flavours & a Pinotage.
- 4 Food Lover's Wagyu Burger Patties
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded, cut into 5cm strips
- 100g halloumi cheese, cut into 0.5cm-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 floury rolls, halved, lightly toasted (*Exclude for Banting option)
- 4 teaspoons Food Lover's Basil Pesto
- 4 cups rocket
- Prepare the braai coals and place the grid 15cm above them or Preheat grill pan to medium-high.
- Spray mushrooms, pepper slices and halloumi slices with olive oil.
- Drizzle mushrooms with balsamic vinegar.
- Grill pepper strips for 10 minutes, turning halfway, or until tender.
- Place the burger patties onto the grid over medium hot coals and cook for 2-3 minutes per side for medium. Add Portobello mushrooms halfway through cooking time; cover with foil and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway, or until soft.
- Remove and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Grill the sliced halloumi for 1 minute, turning halfway, or until just golden but still soft. Remove from the pan.
- Top the base of each toasted roll with rocket, wagyu burger pattie, mushroom, halloumi and pepper slices.
- Drizzle each with basil pesto and top with floury roll lid. Serve immediately.
Enjoy a BANTING Wagyu burger – remove the rolls and use the portobello mushrooms as the bun!