Peach Chia Jam
Nothing screams Summer quite like sweet peach nectar! This Chia Seed Peach Jam is a healthy, easy homemade jam recipe made with fresh peaches, chia seeds, and honey. A perfect Summer condiment that is refined-sugar-free. How do you use this delicious peach chia jam? As you would a traditional peach jam, serve it on toast, on flapjacks, add it to overnight oats or on your Summer cheeseboard.
Makes about 250 ml (1 cup)
Prep Time5 minutes
Cooking Time25 minutes
- 6 peaches, diced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 30ml (2 Tbsp) honey (*optional)
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 10ml (2 tsp) vanilla paste or essence
- 30ml chia seeds
- 3 star anise
- 5 juniper berries (*optional)
- Place the diced peaches in a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add the lemon zest, juice, honey, water, star anise and juniper berries and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and chia seeds.
- Serve the peach and chia jam with your favourite cheese platter, on toast or on scones.
Can I make this jam with other fruits?
Is Chia jam like regular jam?
Chia jam is a healthy version of traditional jam due to having no refined sugar, however, the consistency is more like a spread than a thick jam. Chia jam is less sweet, depending how much honey you add. For a more jam-like flavor and consistency, we recommend cooking the fruit briefly on the stovetop before mixing in the chia seeds.