Seeds Of Change Supplier Development Partnership 2023
1st March 2023
ENTRIES NOW CLOSED
Seeds of Change 2023 entries closed on 17th April 2023. Be sure to check back in 2024!
Food Lover’s Market is excited to announce that entries for the third Seeds of Change Supplier Development Partnership are open for all aspiring social entrepreneurs to join our company as a supplier.
We’ve launched the Seeds of Change Supplier Development Partnerships as part of our focus on being the best store in each community. The goal is to source local suppliers, specifically small businesses, that have integrated social change at the heart of their operation. At Food Lover’s Market, we’ve identified the opportunity and need to create employment and social change in South Africa. The Seeds of Change Supplier Development Partnership seeks to find and empower suppliers that mirror our socially focused values and are motivated to deliver the best quality product or service.
The programme runs as follows:
Free-to-attend 1hour online info session: 29 March 2023
Applications close on 17 April 2023
From there, we do a shortlisting, based on our criteria. We are looking for businesses that show:
- Great products and services that work well as a Food Lover’s Market listing
- A business with a very strong social and/or environmental focus and impact.
Shortlisting Process – includes sitting down with our buyers, narrow the applications to between 20 and 30 candidates.
Those shortlisted candidates will join us for a 2-day webinar, aimed at sharing with you what makes a successful business. The content of the workshop comprises of:
- Hearing from FLM buyers, industry experts, Seeds of Change alumni (sharing their experiences, the benefits of the programme, etc.) and various guest speakers
- Covering topics such as finance, marketing, business planning, business models
- Group activities
- How can we help you elevate your business?
- The purpose of the 2-day workshop is to share value, even for those who don’t make the top 10. It is to give you the skills, tips and knowledge to take forward into the future of your business, regardless of the competition.
Final shortlisting – based on assignments submitted by the top 20-30, a top 10 is selected.
Top 10 are invited to a 5-day bootcamp in Cape Town:
- Sessions with buyers
- Sessions with marketing teams,
- Insights into retail trends
- Talk with FLM CEO to hear his insights and the Food Lover’s Market story
- FINAL PITCH DAY – opportunity to take all you have learned throughout the workshops and bootcamp, use all your passion you have for your business and your vision, and pitch your business to a panel of FLM executives.
- Same-day announcement of winner – who will be listed as a supplier of Food Lover’s Market.
What do you need to qualify for Seeds of Change?
To qualify, businesses should positively impact their communities and add value to the Food Lover’s Market shopping experience. Smallholder farmers, freight businesses, commercial services, and produce and products that sit within in-store departments such as bakery, confectionery, groceries, and liquor are encouraged to apply.
- being operational for 12 months
- showing financial stability
- and having a business plan showcasing successful implementation
Any questions about applying for Seeds of Change?
Please complete this query form, and one of our facilitators will be in touch to assist you.
Any Seeds of Change Queries?
2022 SEEDS OF CHANGE WINNER:
“A huge congratulations to Retang Phaahla from Setšong African Tea Crafters, who impressed the panel with her well-thought-out and cohesive business pitch. The other nine applicants were also very impressive, and the high standard of applications reflects the great mix of social enterprises across South Africa who are focused on building a sustainable society and economy.”
Read more about the 2022 Seeds of Change winner here.